Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Linked from You Tube

So, I have a quick, extra post today. A lot of blogs were recently linked to from a You Tube video of a video game walk-through. Mine was one of them. Apparently, most of these bloggers are annoyed at having seven more visits because they're "spam" visits, and they're throwing a fit and trying to have that video removed from You Tube.

I'm personally not sure why they're so angry. Their blogs got extra hits. Isn't the point of having a blog for it to be read? Okay, the people looking at their blog from You Tube might not be reading it, but it's still boosting their Alexa rating, which is a good thing. Isn't it?

Apparently the most common complaint is a violation of privacy. That makes me laugh. If you are blogging, you are putting your opinion out there for all who want to see it. You are giving up your right to privacy on whatever you say.

Curious to know more? Here's the video in question. See you for my regular post on Friday!

4 comments:

  1. Heh, yeah I got linked through from there.
    All that went through my mind when I saw it was: really? (I said the same thing when the link was an ... adult site)
    I find the ways people reach my blog thoroughly interesting. Especially some of the google terms. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a lot of views from Russia. It makes me wonder if they appreciate the translate function.

      Delete
  2. That is so funny that people would care. Nobody got hurt so why does it matter? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete