Sunday, October 7, 2012

Announcement About NaNo and My Book

So, as many of you know (but perhaps a few don't) NaNoWriMo (or National Novel Writing Month) is coming up starting November 1st! I think it's a great time for me, because just yesterday I decided to shelf my first novel (finally) and write something in a different setting. It's an idea I had just recently for an urban fantasy, in a completely different setting than the one I've been obsessed with for I-won't-admit-how-many years. I'm shutting the pages on that one for now. I'm getting a fresh start, with all my skills I've built but haven't fully been able to utilize in all the rewrites of an old idea.

How about you? What are your plans for NaNo?

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing NaNo for the first time - hopefully. My plan is similar to yours: I want to finish up the off a draft of what I'm working on and spend that month doing something completely different to clear my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. It's my fourth year participating. My first year I was unable to win (by a long shot). I recommend doing lots of planning now, particularly taking a look at Brandon Sanderson's lectures posted online (which I will be revisiting myself in the next few days). Good luck!

      Delete