Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I have been given the Liebster Blog Award by Diana from All's fair with pen and paper. Thanks Diana!


Now I am supposed to answer her questions, and post some of my own to ask fellow bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.

What author inspired you to start writing?
I wasn't inspired to start writing by an author. I actually wanted to draw for cartoon shows when I was eight. I drew page after page after page...and then, after I had a stack of paper a foot tall that covered a few minutes of action and dialogue, I decided it was taking a while and I should write out what I was going to do beforehand, so I didn't forget before I got there. Then I realized it's way more fun for me to write, and fell in love with the craft.

If you could bring any one of your fictional boyfriends to life (I know you have one!) who would it be?
I don't have to, I'm married to him. :)

What's your favorite color and why?
Green. It's the color of life and vitality. It's so vibrant, and not in a violent way like red.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?
Chicken.

Where would your ideal writing spot be?
In front of a wide, open window, where there is a yard and a ton of trees.

What is your favorite type of pizza?
Canadian bacon and bacon on a real chicago-style pan crust.

You're up for karaoke, what song do you sing?
Something by the Beetles. 'Obla Di Obla Da' probably.

Which power ranger would you have been?
Didn't watch a ton of power rangers, so if it's based on my favorite color, then green.

What is your favorite book, movie, and tv show?
Book is either The Great Divorce or Till We Have Faces by CS Lewis (I really can't decide). Movie is The Lord of the Rings director's cut. TV show is hard because there are so many I really like, such as Frasier,  Parks and Recreation, Community, Modern Family, Big Bang Theory, etc. Basically I like sitcoms.

What is your favorite paranormal being to read about?
The word paranormal makes me groan inside because *surprise* I'm not a Twilight fan. If we're talking something that can be found in fantasy, then dragons. If it's supposed to be someone who could pass as human but really isn't...I don't know, I like them all equally based on who's writing them.

What book are you currently reading?
I just got done reading Mort by Terry Pratchett (to get me in a comedic fantasy mood for my book I'll be writing for NaNo!), and it was pretty good. I liked I Shall Wear Midnight better personally, but I love Pratchett either way.

And now for my Liebster Blog Awards:

My questions for you:
Who's your favorite author and what do you love most about their writing?
What book do you least like and why?
If you had the means to, what is the one thing you wish you could buy, right now?
What are your Halloween plans?
Favorite hot drink?
Favorite fall food?
Favorite season?
How do you spend your free time?
What must you do in your non-free time?
If you could have only one type of pet for the rest of your life, what would it be?
You have a day left to live. What do you do?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award my dear! I'm taking a bloggy break in November, but I've got this bookmarked to come back to it in December :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I hope your NaNo experience goes well for you.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Laura! I'll jump on and answer your questions real soon :)

    ReplyDelete