Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trip Thoughts

Yes, I changed my template again, and this time for good. The old one was too busy, it gave me a headache looking at it. Enjoy the new ease of reading!

As I settle in back at home I'll share my thoughts about my last trip with you.

The first and most blinding one is how the three of us (I took my two kiddos with me) must have set some kind of record for gathering the most ailments in one outing. First my daughter spent two days being sick from both ends, then she got a UTI as a secondary thing once that was over, then when she was finally better I got a horrible bowel problem for a few days, and lastly my son wound up puking. And NONE of it happened during the collective five days which we spent on the trains.

Second thought: long train trips would be really awesome without a two-year-old along.

Third, I am once again reminded that my parents will never understand me. When I told them (separately) about my success pitching to agents at the conference, they were each quiet a minute, then said, "I hope that works out for you," in a voice that implied they weren't holding their breath, then asked me if I'd thought about going back to school. To avoid conversations like these I spent most of my time there watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries, a vlog which is a modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice.


Watching all of them took me longer than reading the book, but they're really fun. I've now decided I want Mary Kate Wiles, the actress who plays Lydia Bennet, to play the role of Kalara once my book becomes a movie.

Fourth, the conference was great. Can't wait to dig into my story and improve it, and I already enjoy blogging more after my social media lectures.

Have you seen the Lizzie Bennet Diaries? Who's your favorite actor/actress in them?

1 comment:

  1. Do parents EVER understand their children? Do you understand your own? But I know what you mean. You're just looking for some excitement, right?

    Conferences are always good at rejuvination (at least I think so). Glad you got a lot of good stuff out of it. I wish I could afford to go to more.

    ReplyDelete