Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Have Achieved Google Success!

Google my name, and you come here. Hurrah!

See, when I started blogging, I had no idea how to add labels, or what they did. I only figured that out around May. Then I added labels, but not with my name. Then a few days ago I went through and added my name as a label to the past ten or so posts, and presto, I'm on top. Crazy!

I've been trying to figure that out for a while now, and I have to say it feels good. As a result, I feel like helping one of you out toward one of your own goals. That's right, it's a giveaway!

Prize: One free critique of up to 2k words of prose. This could be a query, a synopsis, or some random pages from your story. But I can't critique poetry, it's like another language to me.

Entry: Leave a comment to this post, letting me know what you like most and what you like least about my blog. The winner will be randomly drawn from the comments.

When I post next Tuesday, I'll announce the winner, and they may email me their piece for critique.

Thanks for helping me get this far by reading my blog. The next step: getting my book ready for publication. ETA three months. I want to roll it out during the holiday season, when people are buying Christmas presents for their reader-ly friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! I really should look into this label thing, I'm new to all of this blogging thing and still learning so thanks for your sound advice, and congratulations on accomplishing your goal.
    Now what I like most about your blog is that you get to the point so quick and easily so your posts come short and informative. I also like that you have your list of blogs to follow on the upper left side, so easy to get to :)
    What I like the least, that’s a nerve wrecking question, dear me don’t hate me, lol! No really I think the colors are a bet pale for my taste, That’s all.
    Just want to say I liked your blog since I found it a couple of months ago, and it’s on my side bar :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I try to be brief. How are we supposed to keep up with everyone's posts if they're all five pages long? :) I cranked the color up a little bit, but I like the "clean" look, it keeps my eyes from committing suicide.

      And now you're the first contestant entered to win!

      Delete