Friday, September 27, 2013

Five Year Project Update

It's time for my Five Year Project Update! I know I've been updating you all a lot recently, but bear with me.

My goal for the Five Year Project is to self publish a book a year. This past month, I officially hired a cover artist and editor for my book, The Complete Guide to Being Evil, as well as a filmmaker and two actors for the book trailer. I made my Kickstarter project live, got more active on Goodreads, finally joined Twitter, and got my blog more visible in Google searches. I also narrowed down which book I'm going to write next to two options which I'm equally excited about (if you're curious, it's between Mage Assassin and From an Unbreakable Egg, summaries found here).

So many links!

Next Friday I will have, side by side, a possible scene from each of those stories. So come on back next week to vote on which scene and which idea you like best.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds like you're on a roll.

    Good luck with edits and preparing for the launch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are kicking goal butt! Good for you. I'm interested in how your Kickstarter goes because I desperately need funding! Self-publishing is not cheap!

    Shah, X
    http://wp.me/p2rnfx-2rZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misha, thanks! I got the editing done before launching the Kickstarter. I guess I didn't mention that, did I?

    Shah, not well so far. Want to do better than me? Tell people about it before you launch it. *Slaps forehead.*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting my blog Laura, you are a very busy girl, and I want to visit your links today....thank you for sharing!! I wish you nothing but success! Sandy's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're doing some big steps toward accomplishing your goal. I'm more comfortable with small goals. Like 'some time in the next month, I will bathe the cat. And live.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, that's not so little! I think your cat is going to get you. :P

      Delete
  6. Woohoo, big steps taken! Well done, you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We'll see how many of them I can finish up with the shutdown effecting whether GI Bill money will go out on time . . . blerg. Military was a bad idea, apparently. Steady income my butt.

      Delete